|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 20 days|
|Category: Customer Service Relations||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Leisure & Hospitality , none|
|Job Level: Intermediate|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests during check-in and giving a found farewell to guest while checkout.
- Handling guest complaints and concerns in an efficient and timely manner.
- Overseeing VIP guests, arrivals and departures.
- Coordinating and multi-tasking job duties in a busy environment.
- Should possess detailed information about the Hotel, city as well as the competition.
- Detailed information regarding arrivals and room requirements.
- Have up to date information on daily room occupancy
- Providing excellent customer service as per hotel standards.
- Greeting guests as they enter and exit the hotel.
- Providing information regarding the Hotel, town attractions, activities etc.
- Check on VIP reservations, complete their pre-registration formalities.
- Allocate rooms to all arriving guests.
- Maintain up-to date information on room rates, current promotions, offers and packages
- Maintain all guest folios in the manner instructed and type out necessary guest likes and dislikes to the appropriate fields on the profile.
- Co-ordinate with housekeeping for clearing of rooms.
- Collect Guest feedback during guest departure along with his likes and dislikes.
- Perform basic cashier activities as and when required.
- Maintain guest lockers for safe custody.
- Ensure that all check-ins and checkouts are handled smoothly without unnecessary delay or discomfort to any guest.
- Give proper and complete handover to the next shift
- Follow the house rules and policies laid down by the management.
- Adhere to strict staff grooming and hygiene
- Consciously and continuously strive to better his/ her skills and increase his/ her knowledge.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work morning, evening, weekend, holiday, and overnight shifts.
- Certificate, Diploma or degree in customer service and relations
- Two years of Front Office experience, Minimum of one year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience-handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks, Additional languages spoken would be an asset.