|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 14 days|
|Category: Sales||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: FMCG, Retail & Wholesale ,|
|Job Level: Manager|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive, integrate and support sales strategy and its execution.
- Achievement of sales set targets on a monthly and annual basis.
- Achieve increase in coverage (increase in terms of number of branches and accounts goods are sold to).
- Monitor sales in our market to ensure targets and objectives are met.
- Ensure optimal availability of products over long and short term.
- Ensure Route to Market & Territory Management optimization.
- Recommend the tools and resources required to achieve the launch objectives.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, contributing to an increased market share for the company’s products.
- Contribute to delivering sales across all channels, not limited to one specific sector.
Cash Collection / Finance
- Manage Allocation of Customer Trade Spend and debtors book. Manage trading terms and condition per channel and improve CCS constantly.
- Ensure cash collection as per agreed terms with customers (work and communicate closely with the company’s Finance dept).
- Computing, preparing and authorizing credit and debit notes as required.
- Effective financial management of expenses versus budgets.
- Implement and control pricing in all channels, inside and outside of promotional periods.
- Drive and ensure strong in-store visibility and merchandising (working closely with the merchandising, sales and marketing team).
- Ensure the company is the market leader in terms of both sales and visibility, in snacks and spices.
- In every single supermarket, spices should have
- Ensure the company is leader in Point of Sales visibility, including shelf space, product placement on shelves, additional visibility such as FSU’s, till-shelving, gondolas, ‘bins’, cross-category merchandising, etc).
Leadership and Internal Relationships
- To effectively develop and manage operational field sales force.
- Motivation of Sales Force via Effective Leadership and Implementation of Incentive Programs.
- Development and Measurement of Sales Force through regular Appraisal Reviews.
- Develop tailor-made training modules in conjunction with HR Department.
- Development of Internal Relationships with all relevant Streams (i.e. Finance, HR, Stores and Production).
- Work within and lead the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- To Liaise regularly with other departments to ensure product availability in line with sales requirements.
- To liaise with corporate clients, build and develop working business relationships.
- Development of customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that stock availability, distribution and shelf management opportunities are grasped.
- Conduct commercial calls to designated key accounts outlets on a regular basis, imparting the company’s product knowledge and in house training of both the company and supermarket staff.
- To handle customer complaints and enquiries swiftly (working closely with the company’s customer service and quality control teams).
- Develop a process of regular communication of key reports to directors (and sales team).
- Prepare regular reports and analysis on key account activities, with detailed analysis across segments, categories, retailers, etc.
- To draw insight from quantitative data and transform in qualitative reports.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Responsible for Dynamic Forecasting and Demand Planning.
- Monitoring and Measuring Effective Implementation of Field Management Best Practices by Sales Force.
- Holder of a Bachelordegree from a recognized University in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field.
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- MUST Have 7– 10 years in experience in sales of FMCG products within commission incentive structure.
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG Companies
- Willingness to travel and work out of the office.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Should be highly motivated and aggressive sales person.
- Should be presentable & well kept at all times.
- Good and positive outlook towards job
- Must have interest in growing with the company.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements