Head of Programmes (1046)
|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 13 days|
|Category: Non-Profit Organisations||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Project & Program Management , Management|
|Job Level: Senior Manager|
Roles and Responsibilities
Programme Management 50%
- To ensure that the vision, and mission, purpose, goals, objectives, outputs and policies set by the Board and Executive Director are fully implemented, complied with and met.?
- To lead, develop and manage the Programme Management team and ensure programmes have optimum impact, are cost effective and maintain high level of excellence, accountability, reporting, monitoring and evaluation as per approved policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements.
- Overseeing design, programme development, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services ensuring that the organisation has the necessary systems, resources and capacity for its efficient and effective operation.
- Ensuring that effective internal control and risk management system is established and maintained.?
- Formulate with the M&E department a results framework for all programmes to help facilitate measurement that resonates with the larger results framework for the organization stipulating clearly objectives and outcomes. Ensure that the organisation generates sufficient activity to deliver results.
- To ensure the organisation produces high quality reports in a timely manner and as per donor requirements
- Participate in the senior management forum to assist in shaping organizational policies, and practices and assist the executive director in managing the organisation.
- Plan and facilitate Annual Review Meeting and Quarterly Reviews
People Management 50%
- Ensuring that a professional staff team is established by developing and implementing a staff training and development plan, monitoring staff performance and supporting staff to reach their goals.
- Make sure there are competent staff onboard that can write and deliver quality. Identify talent, and suggest new recruitments to the team to HR, to ensure that we have the human resources we need to stay relevant and get the job done. This includes consultants, interns and volunteers.
- Facilitate Management Meetings (and minute action-points) to ensure all Managers are on track/target
- Assist in refining the the organisation;s ‘volunteer strategy’ ensuring we provide the opportunity to give internships with positive mentorship and career coaching.
- Assist ED and senior managers in other related work tasks if and when relevant.
- Good educational background, graduate or diploma level degree
- Masters would be desirable (but not a requirement)
- Solid skills in project design and project cycle management (including problem/objective, stakeholder analysis, project planning, budgeting).
- Experience in developing private sector relationships and alternative funding strategies, beyond donor-driven funding
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and approaches of the organisation.
- Knowledge of ‘learning and development’ and the ability to train and support staff
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including exceptional networking and representation skills at high-level partner meetings and events.
- Ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences, including staff, management, government officials, donors, private sector partners