Service Desk Manager
|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 0 days|
|Category: Customer Service Relations||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Management , Telecommunication|
|Job Level: Manager|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues.
- Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents. Maintain, refine and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk (including career development).
- Oversee staff activities. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to the department’s management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel.
- Monitor and manage issues queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Oversee Solutions and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) repository and ensure possible solutions are available to the staff for commonly known challenges/issues to ensure quick resolution.
- Develop Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer support in the organization.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience.
- Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
Skills for the role
- Help Desk Managers must cultivate a unique blend of hard and soft skills to effectively perform the abovementioned duties and responsibilities. It takes someone with strong product and operational knowledge, as well as an outgoing and positive personality. Here’s a list of the skills Help Desk Managers use most.
- Analytical Skills – be able to use analytical skills to look at trends and figure out the root cause of issues whether on-off or repetitive.
- Problem Solving Skills – use problem solving skills to create and implement solutions to better manage issue traffic as well as to best utilize your team in fixing, resolving and closing-off on the issues.
- Communication Skills – be able to communicate effectively with users, and also have to be able to delegate tasks effectively to your team members.
- Leadership Skills – exhibit leadership and take ownership of a basic and/or critical issues and rally your team to efficiently address, manage and resolve any issue.
- Information Technology Skills – Information Technology skills is an umbrella phrase that includes all kinds of technical skills used by Help Desk Managers. It includes skills as simple as the ability to hook up devices to a wireless network, and as complex as being able to fix advanced hardware and software issues. For this role, extensive product knowledge is key.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Proven work experience as a Help desk manager
- Hands on experience with help desk with proven performance track record
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (minimum)
- Certification in Service Desk Management