|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 23 days|
|Category: Finance||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Accounting & Bookkeeping , Energy & Utilities|
|Job Level: Manager|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review of audit checks weekly to ensure all required accounting processes are followed and in good order.
- Review of all incoming and outgoing invoices created in the accounting system.
- Ensure that the expense reporting systems are in good working order and information is inputted accurately and precisely.
- Assess the P&L, BS and CFS to identify, propose and execute areas of improvement.
- Work with all departments to develop efficient financial interconnections (eg. how best to budget,spend, report and account for vehicle expenses with X department)
- Assist the Accountant and Finance Associates in reconciliation of accounts when required.
- Develop financial reports for grants with the assistance of the Finance Associates.
- Develop and train the fixed asset reconciliation system to the Finance Associates.
- Manage the chart of accounts and streamline the tracking and reporting of accounts (e.g. identify accounts that are no longer needed or can be merged/altered to increase tracking and transparency).
- Manage and update financial policies and accounting handbook with the assistance of Financial Associates.
- Coordinate audits, payment and tracking of statutory obligations, insurance requirements and any other responsibilities delegated by Head of Finance.
- Responsibilities will grow into managing the Tanzanian budget, revenues and expenditures.
- Report weekly to Head of the Finance Division of the Company.
- Bachelorrs Degree in Finance,CPA's holder will be of more value.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, financial models, spreadsheets;
- Being comfortable with working remotely via email, instant messaging and being a naturally organized, trustworthy person are essential requirements.
- Previous experience in developing teams, working abroad, communicating with financial institutions;
- Working in a customer centric environment, as well as working knowledge of the Swahili language.