|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 8 days|
|Category: Logistics & Operations||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) , Quality Control|
|Job Level: Supervisory|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure all legal requirements for QHSE are complied with (first aid training, OSHA, health, NEMC etc that is relevant) both govt and industry standard
- Ensure QHSE is a CULTURE within a company, not a compliance issue
- Assist in compliance reviews, risk assessment
- Maintain HSE records / logs (incidents, reports, records, licenses)
- Owner of company’s policies and management systems relating to Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Assurance and the Environment.
- Responsible for preparing strategies and for developing, reviewing, updating and implementing internal policy and process.
- Manage / participate / lead client audits on QHSE
- Ensure QHSE records and procedures are regularly updated, instill systems, conduct regular training for employee
- Conduct risk assessments / site inspections
- Responsible for ensuring that company obtains and retains OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 certification.
- Know / ensure property is HSE compliant (fire extinguishers, sand boxes, signage, vehicles, qualified trainings etc)
- Identify potential hazards, find ways to reduce risks,
- Participate / prepare detailed incident investigations / root cause analysis
- Ensure PPE is distributed to staff as needed (records kept)
- Ability to instill and achieve cultural change in the face of resistance
Bachelors in Enviromental Science or any other related field
- At least 3 years experience in a QHSE Management Role with Line Management experience
- Risk Management, Method Statement Review, Site inspections and investigations, company preparation for Audits, Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards, Risk Assessment experience, CDM Regulations implementation, an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret QHSE-related legislation, Company standards and programme requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.