|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 24 days|
|Category: FMCG, Retail & Wholesale||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Food & Beverage Management/Control , Sales|
|Job Level: Manager|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive, integrate and support sales strategy and its execution;
- Achievement of sales set targets on a monthly and annual basis;
- Achieve increase in coverage (increase in terms of number of branches and accounts goods are sold to);
- Monitor sales in our market to ensure targets and objectives are met;
- Ensure optimal availability of products over long and short term;
- Ensure Route to Market & Territory Management optimization;
- Recommend the tools and resources required to achieve the launch objectives;
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale, contributing to an increased market share for the products;
- Contribute to delivering sales across all channels, not limited to one specific sector.
Cash Collection/ Finance
- Manage Allocation of Customer Trade Spend and debtors book. Manage trading terms and condition per channel and improve CCS constantly;
- Ensure cash collection as per agreed terms with customers (work and communicate closely with the Finance dept);
- Computing, preparing and authorizing credit and debit notes as required;
- Effective financial management of expenses versus budgets;
- Implement and control pricing in all channels, inside and outside of promotional periods.
- Drive and ensure strong in-store visibility and merchandising (working closely with the merchandising, sales and marketing team);
- Ensure our products are market leaders in terms of both sales and visibility, in snacks and spices in every single supermarket, spices should have;
- Ensure our products are leaders in Point of Sales visibility, including shelf space, product placement on shelves, additional visibility such as FSU’s, till-shelving, gondolas, ‘bins’, cross-category merchandising, etc).
Leadership and Internal Relationship
- To effectively develop and manage operational field sales force;
- Motivation of Sales Force via Effective Leadership and Implementation of Incentive Programs;
- Development and Measurement of Sales Force through regular Appraisal Reviews;
- Develop tailor-made training modules in conjunction with HR Department;
- Development of Internal Relationships with all relevant Streams (i.e. Finance, HR, Stores and Production);
- Work within and lead the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values;
- To Liaise regularly with other departments to ensure product availability in line with sales requirements.
- To liaise with corporate clients, build and develop working business relationships;
- Development of customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that stock availability, distribution and shelf management opportunities are grasped;
- Conduct commercial calls to designated key accounts outlets on a regular basis, imparting product knowledge and in house training of both internal stuff and supermarket staff;
- To handle customer complaints and enquiries swiftly (working closely with the customer service and quality control teams).
- Develop a process of regular communication of key reports to directors (and sales team);
- Prepare regular reports and analysis on key account activities, with detailed analysis across segments, categories, retailers, etc;
- To draw insight from quantitative data and transform in qualitative reports;
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory;
- Responsible for Dynamic Forecasting and Demand Planning;
- Monitoring and Measuring Effective Implementation of Field Management Best Practices by Sales Force.
- Holder of a Bachelor degree from a recognized University in Business, Sales & Marketing or related field;
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have 7– 10 years in experience in sales of FMCG products within commission incentive structure;
- Must have proven experience in FMCG Companies;
- Willingness to travel and work out of the office;
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.