Internal Audit Officer
|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 1 months, 42 days|
|Category: Banking||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Accounting & Bookkeeping ,|
|Job Level: Junior|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work within the Internal Audit Team to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks of the bank are identified and analysed on an annual basis;
- Perform the internal audit functions including the annual audit plan activities which fulfils the responsibility of the department by timely completing work as assigned;
- Make recommendations on the systems, policy and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation;
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for and/or by management;
- Reviewing and reporting compliance with policies, procedures and statutory requirements;
- Identify internal control weakness on the business processes, procedures and respective policies and recommend relevant remediation of the same;
- Communicate preliminary findings with management prior inclusion on the final audit report.
- Annually, propose improvement on the design of the audit procedures and other Internal Audit documentation;
- Conduct any special reviews or tasks as requested by the Internal Audit Manager, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function.
- Conducting risk assessments of the various departments and/or functional areas of the bank in established/required timelines;
- Determining the scope of review required for each particular circumstance;
- Obtaining required information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interviews with staff;
- Verbally communicating complex and significant findings to the Internal Audit Manager as required and drafting comprehensive and complete reports for submission to the Audit Committee;
- Performance of any other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields
- Having a CPA/ACCA is an added advantage
- One to two years relevant experience in Internal/external audit, Finance or accounting.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent analytical skills and questioning mind-set.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, database, etc.);
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other bank staff.