Head of Finance Operations
|Type: Full Time||Deadline: 0 months, 18 days|
|Category: Finance||Location: Dar-es-Salaam|
|Other Categories: Accounting & Bookkeeping , Telecommunication|
|Job Level: Senior Manager|
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop strong working relationship with Head of Finance Operations of the company.
- Develop and drive implementation of strategy for the Finance Operations function, encompassing: direction; process improvement; human resource capability; organisation support; and technology platforms.
- Ensure the correct treatment of accounting principles according to national and international accounting policies and VGIAP.
- Provide financial information to cope with external official requests by Regulatory and Government bodies by running the accounting regulatory model.
- Manage all margin accounting activities.
- Ensure that all initiatives, new products and services can be properly managed by integrating the commercial requirements with the needs of finance operations (e.g. accounting, tax, reporting, supply chain).
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance throughout the OpCo.
- Lead and implement tax compliance activities in conjunction with the Head of Tax, with the exception of Employment Taxes (PAYE, Non-resident Contractors tax).
- Provide leadership and direction to the Policy Committee.
- Ensure the end to end correctness of all revenues and costs by applying processes and tools to capture all revenues and the right costs incurred.
- Manage payments and encashment within the P2P and O2C.
- Guarantee the compilation of the entity’s financial statements and financial statutory reporting in compliance with all the relevant GAAPs.
- Ensure timely & correct payment of commissions to the dealers
- Own, manage and drive the OpCo people change agenda.
- Develop organisational capability to deliver to future road maps.
- Tertiary degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent.
- Chartered Accountant or Professional qualified accountant.
- Deliver on data analytics in the short- term.
- Must have: 10+ years financial accounting experience.
- Must have: 6+ years in a senior management role (concurrent with the above).
- Must have: Excellent technical accounting skills.
- Must have: Strategic vision.
- Must have: Commercial drive.
- Must have: Relationship building/networking skills.
- Must have: Problem solving including effective negotiator skills.
- Preferred: Telco industry experience.
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience as a Financial Controller for a large, global organisation.